Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Char Siu Hawaiian Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
    Wow i missed the landmark i didn't even notice!
    I bet you missed the last three times your cars odometer rolled over 100K mi also

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I caught one of them at that moment.

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    Remember your pork is only about 1" thick and it will cook fairly fast even at 180ish and when you have it on hot direct it will be a couple minutes per side and turn so it doesn't burn.
    I was planning similar to how I'd do a steak or pork chop reverse-seared, since the strips are essentially no different size-wise.

The concoction tastes more like straight sugar with very little saltiness so I plan to put a couple cranks from the salt grinder on them right before they go on the grill. What little salt was in the packet mix should've migrated dry-brine style in the fridge and the finishing salt should make a nice sparkle.

Today will be a beautiful day. I just may go to the store and see if there are any ribs on sale. I want to run my smoker more, I have the itch!

Comment

I would cook more meat but, it is mostly just my wife and I. We do have company coming this weekend and we will be doing some major cooking for them. Ribs, Fried shrimp, scallops, onion rings, and other stuff.

Comment

Ribs? SHRIMP? SCALLOPS ?!? Add one more to the list of visitors...

[Goes to Google Maps again to plan the trip to GA]

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
          Ribs? SHRIMP? SCALLOPS ?!? Add one more to the list of visitors...

[Goes to Google Maps again to plan the trip to GA]

I will post pics and how I batter my S,S, and OR's.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here