Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskee's Real Wood BarbecueTM on the New Offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskee's Real Wood BarbecueTM on the New Offset

So I've decided that I'm gonna try this for my first "log" smoke on my new offset. I bought a 3-pack of BBR's at Sam's Club yesterday. Today I will peel and trim them. I'm gonna make some Huskee 's Rib Rub (with salt!) and rub/brine them overnight. Tomorrow I will attempt to smoke them on the new toy using hickory mini-logs. I will be doing the brown sugar topper instead of sauce, which is a big change for me. Wish me luck! Pics will be provided - success or failure.

DEW

Great! Dewesq55 I will be looking forward on seeing pictures

Comment

Sweet! I hope you like it, but I promise I wont be offended if you don't. I await your honest critique.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        What's your thought on rubbing/dry brining over night?

And because I am totally under the control of the Cult of ChefSteps, I have converted the Huskee 's Rib Rub Recipe from volume based to weight based and posted it here

Comment

Waiting for the photos...

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tomorrow, RonB

Overnight is good! Not the brown sugar though.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Right. Just the rub.

Huskee - After 3.5hrs into the cook, the top of the ribs looks kind of dry an "barky." Is that normal? No sheen or anything on top.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Normal! Don't fret.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. After 4 1/2 hours they now look great. I posted a pic in the thread I started about the actual cook.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here