Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for leftover pork loin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for leftover pork loin?

What are everybody's favorite use for leftover smoked pork loin?

Pork tacos. Julienne the pork, sauté some peppers and onions(also julienned) when veggies are the way you like them, squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice and add some chopped cilantro. Add the pork and heat through gently. Serve with your favorite taco fixings, just make sure to include guacamole!

Comment

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just put the cilantro on the side, for your wife, and use a pinch of cumin and a couple pinches of chipotle powder. This is what I do for the cilantro haters in my life, and all are happy.

Strat50 , you had me up to the cilantro! Wife loves it and I hate it. I almost gag just smelling it when I'm chopping it up. Thank you for the suggestion though, I'm going to fix this up right now. My daughter is stopping in on her way to a graduation, so it'll be perfect even without the cilantro

Comment

Dr ROK, We generally use it as Sandwich Meat both hot(with gravy on bread or a roll) and cold on bread or a roll!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

What Dan said. Sandwiches any way you like them. Maybe slice very thin and do Cuban sandwiches.

Comment

First thought was sandwiches of nearly any description, but can't argue with tacos either! Enjoy!

Comment

In situations like this, we generally haul out the wok and go with some variation of (pork) fried rice.

Comment

OMG! Chili or enchiladas!

Comment

• Strat50
                Strat50 commented
                Editing a comment
                Leftover bbq makes just killer Mexican food. Same goes with Caribbean, Asian, and Italian too! Many times our cooks will take this into account, where the second meal is as inciting as the first. For us, it's not "just" bbq, it's a way of life too! It also makes it easier to accommodate special diets too.
                Last edited by Strat50; April 30, 2016, 01:47 AM. Reason: omission

I usually just reheat it and eat it like the first night. Either I'll SV it or use the reheat cycle in Breville Smart Oven. Sometimes I will cube it small and make hash.

Comment

Strat50, the taco/fajitas were great. I sautéed an onion and yellow bell pepper in jalapeño infused olive oil. When softened to my preference, I added a TBS of taco seasoning and roasted it a few seconds before adding the pork. Served with shredded extra sharp cheddar & homemade salsa. OMG, they were fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

• Strat50
                  Strat50 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Anytime. When ever we can't decide what to make, our first impulse is something Mexican. Its hard to go wrong with dead animal parts wrapped in a corn tortilla.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here