Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Tenderloin on SNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Tenderloin on SNS

Harry Soo's recipe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0819.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	161574

Bee-utiful! I'll bet that was delicious.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Now I need a snack...

Comment

Is this the recipe you used? Yesterday I purchased a Weber kettle grill and put away the gas after using it for the last 20 years or so. I am rediscovering and learning how to cook with charcoal and this site is certainly wonderful (Joined yesterday-I need to get my introduction posted, my profile built, and post the pictures of the butter finished burgers we had last night!). I have a question about this recipe, when recipes refer to adding wood chips or in this case a tennis ball size chunk of apple wood, should I always presume the wood was soaked first. Thank for posting the pictures and for helping out the charcoal convert.
              Barbecued Pineapple Pork Loin “Ham”   Print Prep time 30 mins Cook time 60 mins Total time 1 hour 30 mins  

Comment

Here is the recipe I used. Welcome back to charcoal. I put dry wood chunks on top of the coals, sometimes I'll mix them in with the charcoal for long cooks. Either way they are pretty much gone at the end of long cooks.

Thermometer used below is: Thermoworks RT600C Pocket Thermometer Sweet Pineapple Soy Grilled Pork Tenderloin   Print Prep time 75 mins Coo

Enjoy!!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            CRO, Thanks for the Link! Your Pork Loin and Pineapple look absolutely Perfect! 👍👍👍👍👍
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

@jgjeske1 & @CRO Thank you both very much, that's a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by martybartram View Post
            Is this the recipe you used? Yesterday I purchased a Weber kettle grill and put away the gas after using it for the last 20 years or so. I am rediscovering and learning how to cook with charcoal and this site is certainly wonderful (Joined yesterday-I need to get my introduction posted, my profile built, and post the pictures of the butter finished burgers we had last night!). I have a question about this recipe, when recipes refer to adding wood chips or in this case a tennis ball size chunk of apple wood, should I always presume the wood was soaked first. Thank for posting the pictures and for helping out the charcoal convert.
            Welcome to The Pit martybartram! Meathead and Dr Blonder have mythbusted the 'soak your wood' concept. Water only travels a little ways into wood, and when put on coals the soaked wood just steams until the water is gone, which doesn't take long, then it's dry wood and burns up anyway. You get no extra smoke time, just steam time then smoke time. And adding wet wood to your coals cools them down more, which is not a good thing. So the gist of it is skip the steaming middleman and add dry seasoned wood to your coals to get the best quality smoke. The in depth article on not soaking wood is here. For more on wood, smoke, and the best kind of smoke, etc check out this article, or even this Pitmaster Club exclusive video on wood & smoke with Dr Blonder.

Lots to see & do here in The Pit!

Comment

Thanks Huskee! I love this forum already. Everyone is gracious and doesn't yell at folks to use the search feature (which we should ) Thanks again y'all are great

Comment

Welcome to The Pit martybartram.

Comment

Originally posted by martybartram View Post
                  Thanks Huskee! I love this forum already. Everyone is gracious and doesn't yell at folks to use the search feature (which we should ) Thanks again y'all are great
                  vBulletin's (the engine that runs this forum) search feature here in The Pit leaves a lot to be desired, it's very picky and you have to type something EXACTLY as it's spelled or listed for results to show up... hopefully improvements come soon with updates. If ever you can't find something through search you can also scan the appropriate channels and shop for a topic you need. But you can always ask and our members here are great with sharing & helping.

Comment

• martybartram
                    martybartram commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Between this forum and the HKPro forum I really have to avoid wasting your tax dollars at work.

Not to hijack the thread but below is a solution to the search challenges.
                  For example members should try the following in a Google search:
                  burgers OR recipes site: pitmaster.amazingribs.com
                  burgers NOT recipes site: pitmaster.amazingribs.com
                  burgers AND recipes site: pitmaster.amazingribs.com
                  Last edited by Huskee; April 29, 2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• martybartram
                    martybartram commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the smiley should be a colon followed by a p. I thought only my phone auto-corrected lol

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fixed it for ya

martybartram, Welcome to The Pit! Marty, You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

The last time I was in the butcher supply shop picking up some spices, the owner came out with a freshly smoked pork loin that tasted like a very tender ham. I asked him how he prepared it and he told me he rubbed it with their maple bacon cure and let it sit in the fridge for 10 days (we in The Pit call it a dry brine). After 10 days he soaked it in water for about 6-8 hours, rinsed, dried and then rubbed it with brown sugar before tossing it on the smoker. He brought it up to an internal temp of 140 and then wrapped it and let it rest for about 30 minutes. It was good enough I will be experimenting the next time pork loins go on sale. The one thing I would change is the final rub as it needed a little more spice.
                    Instructions: Grind 5 lb. of Venison through a large diameter plate. Mix with 5 lb. Of our pre-ground hog jowl and add the seasoning package to the two meats. Mixing must be done very vigorously to bond the proteins and allow the product to stay together
                    Last edited by Craigar; April 29, 2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here