Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork & Pepperjack Sliders (Or, What to do with leftovers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork & Pepperjack Sliders (Or, What to do with leftovers!)

Apparently, there is far too much meat in my freezer and we needed to empty it out. There was a vacuum sealed bag of just over 1lb of pulled pork in there and I figured easy dinner. But I wanted to dress it up a bit.

Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls has a nice little recipe for baked ham and cheese sandwiches that I grabbed and manipulated to make it work for pulled pork sliders. If you folks have never had Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, grab a pack and treat yourself. They're fantastic.

Here's how it goes:

Get a 12 pack of rolls.
    Cut them in half horizontally and put the top halves aside for a moment.
    Lay out 4 slices of pepperjack so that it covers the entire bottom half of the rolls.
    Put the meat on and spread it as evenly as you want.
    Put the tops of the buns back on.
    Mop a little sauce over the tops. My very simple sauce consisted of 2 tbsps of cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp of Meathead's memphis dust, and 1 1/2 tsps of dried minced onions.
    If you use minced onions, make sure they're distributed pretty well across the tops of the rolls.
    Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes

The meat was still nice and moist. The center of the buns were still soft and delicious. And the outer edges of the buns were slightly toasted and crunchy.

They were pretty amazing, gang.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

Holy Mackerel does that look good! In our freezer we currently have a huge Ziploc bag of shredded, smoked chuckie and another bag of slow cooked pulled pork. I'm thinking that your slider idea might be in our near future!

Comment

It's hard to go wrong with pork sliders. Sounds yummy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here