Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juicing' a butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juicing' a butt

I want to support this site so I went out and bought one of the recommended injectors. Wegman's had pork shoulders, aka Boston Butt on sale for $0.99 a pound. If you are not familiar with Wegman's, its a cross between a candy store, carnival, Tim Hortons, and a Hooters (I recommend the prepared food buffet right after Yoga class lets out) So I bought a couple butts. Er...shoulders. Her Highness loves pulled pork rubbed with Mary's Cherry Rub and smoked with Apple and Cherry. Either I read, or I imagined, something about injecting Cherry Dr. Pepper into the shoulder. I have a history. I thought Nixon was going to beat Kennedy, Liston was going to beat Clay and I own a Betamax. Is this something that's going to result in me sleeping in the garage?

I read of folks injecting all sorts of things into pork, brisket, chuck you name it. Think of it this way- you have a pile of pulled pork in front of you...would you add a dribble of cherry Dr Pepper to it, stir it and chow down? Would it taste good? If you think so then try it!

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Great answer Huskee and please excuse me but I'm stealing it!!

I've done butts using butcher's pork injection, and using the pork injection under recipes on this site. If this is your 1st time, I would suggest using the pork injection from here 1st. After trying it, you can decide from there whether you want to ramp it up with different flavors such as Cherry Dr Pepper. And while butcher's is good, the injection from AR does a very good job. I only use it now and it's very cost effective.

Comment

I'd be careful Google'ing this... Just sayin'😳

Comment

Your pork should turn out well with the method you described.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here