Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs on the offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs on the offset

Testing the insulated firebox.

Just sauced (pre-sauce pic). Hot and hot.
    Attached Files

Looking good mah baw!

Comment

A little over tender but completely off the chain.
      Attached Files

Comment

Too tender > Too tough

The moisture and smoke ring are on point!

Comment

I'm betting that those "competition ribs" right in the middle are PERFECT! Looks Awesome!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know. These were off the thin end, but the thick competition stuff was begging for a bend test. If that stuff is ready, you KNOW the other stuff has already bought tickets to the feast.

Originally posted by HorseDoctor View Post
          I'm betting that those "competition ribs" right in the middle are PERFECT! Looks Awesome!
          Your were right. Rarely do judges eat them hot off the grill. Near perfect competition bite once they cooled some.

Comment

• Pork Lord
            Pork Lord commented
            Editing a comment
            Same with brisket I noticed. Let it rest for just a little and it firms up for better and easier slicing. Beautiful color!

Looks like dinner.. what time??

Comment

Nice cook Jerod

Comment

They look tasty! How did the time compare to your charcoal smokers?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                I ran a little hot (250+). I kept feeding wood chunks and keeping the temp up. I was rushed before prayer service and this was the most last minute cook I ever done. It was 5.5 hours total, last 25 or so with sauce. Still definitely longer than a Pit Barrel running 250+.

Thanks.
              You have sort of a hybrid gas and wood smoker. I thought you were using the gas as the main heat source and add wood for flavor. Very cool. Love the innovation of transforming a COS.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                I didn't realize how much heat the wood would produce. That way I leave the gas on the lowest and just roll with the wood.

Man those look good.

Comment

Looks like some good eats!

Comment

I just bought a PBC and will do my first smoke today and was considering getting rid of my modified COS, but now I am not so sure.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @Ischweig, I would hang on to Your modified COS if you have the room! Then if you ever need to BBQ for Large Group you will be able to!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

• Jerod Broussard
                    Editing a comment
                    Bingo to what Dan said. I use mine mainly for sausage. But it can be used if I got A LOT to cook at one time.

The problem is two fold. First and most important is my wife wants it out of here. Second is I am so impressed with the PBC's performance that I can't see that I would have the need for it. Anyway one of my employees wants it.

Comment

Very cool, bro! It's an offset with gas assist? Show us a pic of the cooker!

I, as you may recall, LOVE LOVE LOVE my insulated firebox! All future theRibShack stickburners will have an insulated box.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here