Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Ribs on the Green Mountain Pellet Grill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Ribs on the Green Mountain Pellet Grill!

Went out and purchased a Green Mountain Pellet Grill, bought a Jim Bowie and the Davy Crockett tailgaters units. First try with spare ribs on the Jim Bowie, I like my ribs dry rubbed and you can add the sauce later if you want. Set grill at 275 degrees, put ribs in for two hours, (pics after two hours), then spritzed with apple juice and apple cider 50/50, wrapped In foil loosely, back on ther grill for two more hours and the finished product. Grill held temperature very well and even though they were a little overdone for my liking, they tasted great and I have a new smoker to use!

I've never tasted a rib that was overdone that I didn't like. But I do prefer them a little firmer rather than starting to falling apart.

Looks gooooood!!!!

Comment

Couldn't have said that better! Learning a new piece of equipment is half the fun, getting to eat your mistakes and triumphs is the other half!!

Comment

Beautiful ribs! I'd eat those for sure.

Comment

Mighty fine looking ribs!

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Those ribs look amazing!

Comment

They look great. Enjoy your new cooker, if you enjoy it half as much as I do my Camp Chef you are going to have a lot of fun. A I have learned from this site all good Grill Masters say master ( learn ) your equipment. My pellet grill runs about 25 degrees hotter than the factory probe says and I cook accordingly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here