Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Ribs - Price per pound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Ribs - Price per pound?

What would you pay for sealed Baby back ribs? or fresh?

I paid $5/lb for "cyrogenically sealed" baby back ribs.

Sam's Club had them $2.70/lb case price or $2.99/lb for individual cyro packs last week when I looked. I've paid over $5/lb fresh locally.

Comment

My local grocery store wants to charge $4.99 for BBs, but they're on sale periodically for $3.29. St Louis or spares or sometimes on sale for $2.49 or 2.99. That's when I'll get them.

Comment

Hmmmm...I need to make a trip to Sam's club I'm bone dry of ribs.

Comment

I generally get mine from my local Publix, and won't buy it unless they have it at under $3 per pound.

Comment

Some parts of the country have these:

https://www.gofindsave.com/?vanity=w...s-on-sale.page

$1.99 per pound for back ribs, but you have to buy 30 pounds . . . That's what I call a sacrifice!

Comment

At our local Costco, about 3-ish per pound, much less if you get baby back rib ends(as little as 1.50).

Comment

rwalters_2 - prices here in OKC differ widely ranging from about $2.79 at Sam's to something like $5.00 at the local grocery.

At Sam's you can get a case price of something like $2.25 but you're buying around 25 pounds at a stretch. I never buy a case of BBs unless a special guest of honor at a party requests them. I much prefer St. Louis cut spares.

Don't I know you from another forum?

Comment

• rwalters_2
                  rwalters_2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CeramicChef what other forum would that be? Probably not as I don't join many forums.

• CeramicChef
                  CeramicChef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm thinking you're a Guru with a Kamado.

• rwalters_2
                  rwalters_2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope no kamado here.

The Kroger near my house here in Houston had St. Louis ribs for $2.99/lb today. Unfortunately my wife informed me I am no longer allowed to stock up on meat I don't plan on cooking that week.

We had our deep freeze die once when we're out of town. It was not a pleasant situation upon return so no more freezer full of things that can smell terrible during an unforeseen emergency.

Comment

• BigBear
                  BigBear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I feel your pain dude. When I was a kid our deep freeze died while we were on vacation. We came home to the wretched smell of a freezer full of rotten venison. Disgusting!

In Nevada we get spares for 2.99 lb. and baby backs for 3.99 lb. at the local markets. Once in a while we might get a sale.

Comment

$3.99/lb is pretty typical in the grocery stores around here, with sales and Sam's typically around $2.99/lb. I don't often buy them at retail anymore, instead getting them from a local Berkshire coop (don't ask how much that costs).

Comment

Wow the feedback is great on this site. I did not expect so many replies. Thank you everyone.

I am definitely paying way to much for BBs.
                    My local butcher does t sell SLC unless I buy a case of 25lbs.
                    I have a Sam's club. No Costco. Not sure if BJ's sells meat.
                    Anyone know of a good butcher in South Jersey?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here