Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs

There's another thread that kind of deals with this issue but I didn't want to hijack it so I'm starting my own.

Okay, Easter Sunday it'll just be me and my wife and we've decided on baby back ribs, weather permitting. This will be my first attempt at them with the Slow n Sear. In the past I've always used a rib rack, stood them up vertically on the indirect heat side. Is there any benefit to laying them flat on the grate? Using the rib rack I've never "flipped" them but it seems like maybe I should to insure even cooking?

I'll be doing two racks on a 22" Weber with the Slow n Sear. How would you do them, flat on the grates or upright in a rack?

I've done 2 racks on my 22" with the Slow n Sear and I laid them flat. They cooked perfectly with no flipping or rotating.

Comment

FD is correct, lay them flat, no flip. You may have to cut the 2nd rack in half for positioning. If they're small & thin they could get done in 3-4hrs, but more than likely you're looking at ~5-7hrs. I've had a 3.5lb rack take ~9hrs.

Comment

The last time I did baby backs it was 3 small slabs in the 22 w/ SnS. It was tight but all 3 fit without having to cut them or use a rack. If you have the space to lay them flat that's the route I would go in a kettle + SnS.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here