Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many racks of ribs on 22" SnS combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many racks of ribs on 22" SnS combo?

I'm curious as to how many racks of ribs 22" Weber SnS combo users are able to fit and how you are doing it. I used a vacume packaged rack of SLC and could only get on on the grill laying flat. Rib racks? Cut to fit? All input invited.

I know I did two in the past with a rib rack.

There was a guy on the main site, maybe Midnightsmoker on here, that fit something like 8 racks on a 22 cooking indirectly with some accordion looking rib rack deal. It looked like an octopus had fell on the grill. Definitely something I would never try but he made it without any sick folks.

Comment

Hmmm... I once saw a method where the guy rolled the racks of ribs into a tight circle and pinned them together with toothpicks. You could probably fit 4 racks using that method.

That simple reason is why I was willing to pay twice as much for the 26" vs the 22". I think with a rib rack I could get at least 4 racks of ribs on my 26" kettle. I've never needed to try more than 2 racks in the few months that I've had it though.
    Last edited by Breadhead; February 22, 2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Gooner-que
      Gooner-que commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen baby backs rolled on several sites, but I don't know if the SLCs I have would do it. If I trim the botom off of the ribs I could fit two.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here