Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brining Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brining Time

I am brining pork loins for Canadian bacon but might not be able to get them in the smoker until the weekend. Is it okay to leave them in the brine a couple of additional days ?

What recipe are you using to make the Canadian bacon? How long have you had it curing so far? You usually have no problem as long as you don't shorten the curing time. Longer is fine. One thing with Canadian bacon, make sure you rinse it real well after the curing time, otherwise it will be too salty. I rinse then put it uncovered in the refrigerator overnight. I smoke it the next day.

Comment

I used a combination of two recipes I found here. I brined for the full 10 days as recommended in both recipes. Just wanted to make sure! Thanks Steve for the help and advice! Much appreciated!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit CreekMan1! Glad to have you here, when you get a sec head over to the Introduce Yourself channel and tell us a little about yourself.

Also, since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

I use a recipe that only brines pork loin for 48 hours. After 10 days you will have about saturated the loin about all your gonna get. A few extra days shouldn't make any difference. You may well want to give it an extra long soak in fresh water after brining to de-salinate before smoking.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit CreekMan1.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here