Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheating Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheating Ribs

Looking for suggestions on reheating ribs that have to be smoked the day before they are served, probably 3 racks.

The best reheated I made were slightly under cooked NOT on purpose. Horrible bend test that you would call ready, that is what I did, on Thanksgiving.

Wrap in foil with a tablespoon or two of water, cook at 225 or so. When tender put on some sauce and caramelize in the oven with the door cracked. Those cooked all the way the first time right did well also.

More info here

Comment

I have good luck putting them in a Zip Loc or Vacuum Seal bag, then boiling in water. Alternatively, simmer in a crock pot with some water/stock/bbq sauce/whatever 'til heated through.

Comment

I wrap in foil and spray them with a little apple juice or cider. Then place them in 225 F. oven. Soooooo goooooood

Comment

• CeramicChef
          CeramicChef commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen!

If I know that I am smoking them a day ahead of time I won't sauce them during the initial cook. When it comes time to serve them I'll crank up the gas grill and will baste one side and then the other until I run out of sauce. They get a real nice glaze that way and re-heat in the process. As for leftovers...foil them and toss them into a 250 degree oven for a half hour.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice it is all helpfull

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here