Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork belly burnt ends question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork belly burnt ends question

I’m wanting to make pork belly burnt ends tomorrow (Sunday) and take them to work Monday for all to enjoy. The local bulk meet store has pork bellies on sale for $1.69 / lb. Yeah for me!

I’m planning on heating them up at work on Monday in my crockpot. Will this break down the burnt ends too much and will the fall apart or will this make them extra tender. I’ve never reheated pork belly burnt ends in a crockpot and I’m wondering if anyone has done this here.

Thanks

Steve

I have not. But agree that this might take them too far. Maybe stop cooking then sooner than normally?

Comment

Keep it at a low temp and you should be okay. I’ve heated up PB burnt ends many times without them breaking down.

Rob

Comment

I have no idea, never been able to save any. At that price, buy an 18 wheeler full of it!

Comment

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          I told my better half we need to buy a stand alone freezer for their meat sales. Our house fridge freezer is full and our garage fridge freezer is full. Some of the deals I’ve got from this place in the past month: Fresh Jumbo Cut Wings $60 for a 40 lb. box. Fresh Chicken Tenders $60 for a $40 lb. box. Frozen Haddock $64 for a 10 lb. box. Fresh Beef Back Ribs $1.99 / lb. Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs $62 for a 40 lb. box.

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          That is why we have 3 fridges, a chest deep freeze, and a dry aging fridge, lol.

It works fine, just reheat a a lower temp. We reheat in the freezer sealing bags, boiling water temp here is 195 F.

Comment

I have reheated them the day after and they heated up fine.

Comment

Just watched this video which may not answer your question, but thought i would share it anyways.

Bacon Burnt Ends with Heim BBQ

Comment

As others have said, heat them up slow and you will be fine. The do well, reheated. You will love them and so will everyone else.

Comment

My go-to/how-to for pork belly burnt ends. It is short, sweet, and covers all the bases.
                (1) Pork Belly Burnt Ends Video - YouTube

They reheat nicely. The slow cooker should work, and a micro wave on low power setting too.​

Comment

How did this cook go for you?

Comment

• ssandy_561
                    ssandy_561 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Everyone loved them. They seemed a bit tougher than normal. Maybe refrigerating them then heating them back up had something to do with it or maybe it was a tough pork belly. Either way they were gone in about 45 minutes.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here