Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled pork hold

I'm smoking a 12lb bone in pork butt for the games today. Going to be done a couple hours ahead. The question I have is should I hold it in a faux cambro for those couple hours or should I just pull it directly when I take it off. Curious if it makes any difference.

Hold it in a faux cambro. Wrap it tightly in foil (double layer), wrap it in a large towel, let it sit in a cooler until it's serving time.

Comment

So it won't make any difference on how it will pull apart?

Comment

It will taste better (and pull easier) if you hold it in faux'bro

Comment

This easy pulled pork recipe skips the slow cooker to create authentic low-and-slow smoked pulled pork on a smoker or grill. With smoke woven through the moist meat, bits of seasoned crust, and a gentle splash of BBQ sauce, pulled pork is perfect for your next backyard cookout.

Comment

Cambro and pull at the last minute. It will pull much better!

Hope this is not too late!

Comment

2-3 hours of rest does a pork butt good. Especially one that big.

I've pulled smaller right off the pit and while they are probe tender, the pull it is a little tougher than I like.

Now I don't really "pull" in the purest sense of the term. I pull by hand to get any major globs of fat out. Then get a cleaver and start chopping. I also like to cut the money muscle off and slice it. Last one went to the birthday lady. She doesn't really eat meat (stomach issues) so I told her to make sure and give the extra to her husband. There was NO extra.
              Last edited by Jerod Broussard; January 24, 2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I just pulled it off and got it in cambro. Barely got it off. Started to fall right apart as I picked up. Must of melted perfectly. I put it back together as best as possible. We'll see how it works.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Multiple muscles so they come apart easily. Some (individual muscles) end up being a little tougher than others with respect to the finished product.

I'm late, sounds like you got it though, I always try for a couple hour hold. No butt for me today but about the time the Bronco's lose i'll be eating ribs. I like mine dry, our guests will have theirs wet...with tears

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here