Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale on Pork Loin! Bought 16lbs of it...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale on Pork Loin! Bought 16lbs of it...now what?

Some of you might have read about my first cook of a pork butt on my smokenator over the weekend. Thanks again, to my support group for all of the advise. Because it went so well, when I walked by the meat department at our grocery store, I bought a 16lb pack of sliced pork loin that was on sale for .99 a pound! Had to get it.....but now what?

I have read the article on pork chops, brining, etc. I will experiment with the recipes listed and the techniques but I had a wet brining question. Can you brine this pack of meat and THEN freeze it or will that totally damage the cells of the meat when I defrost it? Brining seems like a pain and I love the dry brining that Meathead talks about.

I'm looking for some advice/recipes, etc., as I probably need to freeze it in the next couple of days. As always, thanks, for your help!!

Lots of ways to dice this one up for sure.

Dry brine then freezing is not an issue.

Comment

Next time I come across a deal on pork loin, I'm going to make Canadian Bacon. My wife loves the stuff.

Happy wife and all that...

Jim

Comment

I've been pounding loin slices out, season with Cavenders and doing a light panko/flour mixture dust. Fry in a non-stick pan with just a small amount of oil. It's pretty durn good supper with some black eyed peas, sweet potato and stewed apples (last night's supper). Next pork loin I buy, I'm going to pound out before I vacuum seal and freeze.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          I love me some Cavenders!

• dhughes
          dhughes commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you pound out the loin slices just to make them thinner?

Depends on how it is sliced.
        I know it is indoors, but you could grill it too.

Comment

Cure some of it into back bacon http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn...ian_bacon.html

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here