Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Last Meal Ribs of 2016!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Last Meal Ribs of 2016!

And also the first post-bypass smoke of any kind.
    Attached Files

Nice! My wife has requested (ordered) Last Meal Ribs "soon!". I guess that means a trip to Costco and a lit-up PBC sometime this week. Poor me ...

Comment

I still had trimmed and peeled SLC's vac-packed in the freezer from my last case purchase from Sam's. Easy peasy, though I did have to make up a fresh batch of MMD rub.

Comment

Dewesq55, They Look Great! Don't be so stingy with the Invites? Eat WellAnd Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just so you know, Guest, I wasn't stingy. I invited the step-daughter, her BF (he ended up having to work) and the mother-in-law.

Thanks, Dan! So my electric smoker sh*t the bed in the middle of the cook. Fortunately, they had been in long enough that they didn't need any more smoke. The are finishing off in the indoor oven at 225ºF.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          We Shall Overcome , WE SHALL OVERCOME, WEE SHAALLL ....! Perseverance my Son! What Time Do We Eat?
          From Fargo, ND, Dan

I had a smoke ring in less than 20 minutes on my offset. Before the grease accumulation caught fire so bad the neighbor thought our house had caught fire.

Comment

• JohnF
          JohnF commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry Jarod, but that's funny.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem, it was Thanksgiving one year when we had only one oven and needed about 4 before the rib fiasco.

I don't ever get a smoke ring on the electric, but the ribs had been in over 3 hours and had reached an IT of 170 when the smoker quit. Fortunately, I bought it with a 3 year extended warranty since I had read reviews regarding such problems.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks good. Time to upgrade to something with no such reviews.

Ribs came out good. Here's some pix:
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for your grill failure, but those ribs definitely were a success.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here