Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolled, Stuffed Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled, Stuffed Pork Loin

Several weeks ago, our local grocery was having a BOGO on pork loin. Got my 7 lbs of pork loin for about $15. I cut and vacuum sealed chops and sliced one out to a slab about 3/4 inch thick. and about 12 inches long. This is the view from the cut side. I did cut out the fat and the gristle you see in this photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	pk2.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	130413 Next to make the stuffing! Chopped apple, celery, onion, red pepper and a bit of jalapeno and sweated in a pan with a bit of butter. Added this to Stovetop cornbread dressing (not even a whole package) and stir to mix. Add water just until lightly moistened, stir very gently -- you don't want the stuffing to go to mush! Click image for larger version

Name:	pk3.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	130414
    Then spread an even layer of stuffing on the pork.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pk4.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	130415 Roll it up gently. Don't worry about the stuffing that gets unstuffed, we'll deal with that before it's over. I prefer dark meat pork, so I rolled it up where the dark pork would be on the outside (and the white meat would stay moister!).
    Cut a length of cooking string (it probably won't be long enough, but you can always tie some more to the end!), start at one end and tie the roast up around the wrapped part. Spacing for the string is about 3/4 to one inch.

After roast is tied, take the excess stuffing and push it in to the round ends. Then wrap string around that way to secure stuffing. A better idea (which occurred after I'd wrapped with string) would be to cut apple slices across the wide part of the apple (or a slice of sweet onion) and put that over the stuffing before wrapping with string. Next time.

Name:	pk6.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	130417

Smoked it for an hour, then finished in a 350 oven. Served with Meathead's Change you Life Wine Sauce. The famished hordes distracted me, so I didn't get a presentation photo! But I do have an after the meal shot. Leftovers were very good today!

Name:	pk7.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	130416

Looks good! I usually butterfly mine at about 1/2" and stuff with fruit and and nuts. I used dried cranberries and dried apples in a recipe from Cook's Country. Came out great. I've used Stove top stuffing in the past and have used it in a deboned chicken. I like the sound of your stuffing.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Had some picky eaters on this one. I like walnuts and whiskey soaked golden raisins in there too.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds wonderful! You've given me an idea. I think I'll add some Southern Comfort the next time I do the cranberry-apple stuffing.

CandySueQ, That Pork Loin looks fit to Eat! 👍👍🐷👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I bet that was good with that sauce.

Comment

Yep! Froze the balance to try on pulled pork.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here