Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey Garlic Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey Garlic Ribs

Hi Everyone, long time lurker, recent joiner to the site. The recipes on this site have really helped me to up my BBQ game, so thank you! Ive got a quick question, I have a honey garlic sauce recipe that I would really like to use on some baby backs. Thoughts on whether its better to marinade and then baste, or use a simple rub of salt and pepper and then sauce in the last stretch of the cook? Thank you very much for your time!

PeterMc, Welcome To The Pit! I think I would Dry Brine your Baby Backs for a day or two with Kosher Salt, then rub the 5-6 hrs prior to smoking them 5-6 hrs. I think the last step would be your Honey Garlic Sauce, Mop it on for the final step turning frequently to keep it from scorching! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

PeterMc I have never been a fan of marinating ribs, I would affirm Danjohnston949. Typically I rub the ribs in yellow mustard and put a heavy covering of my rub. When I sauce I do so the last 20 minutes.

Comment

Salt and pepper overnight. Then paint with the sauce in 5 minute intervals at end of the cook.

Comment

Another for Ernest method. I used a honey based glaze on ribs once and it turned into a very tough crispy shell.

Comment

Yeah, wouldn't want to leave those honey glazed ribs on the grill for too long. I'd even go as far as glazing them off the heat. Let the glaze set as you prep for serving.

Comment

Ernest good idea for honey.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                Ernest good idea for honey.
                So true. I would rather have the honey based glaze being a little gooey rather than missing the timing by a couple of minutes and the honey has turned black. I have made that mistake more than once and the results are not pleasant.

Comment

HI Everyone.. makes total sense, Im going to give it a go this weekend and will post the results! Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit PeterMc! I will 3rd or 4th or 5th (or whatever it is now) the advice of glazing in the last few minutes of the cook. Check out Meathead's "Saucing Strategies" article, it may give you some more pointers, it's an insightful read.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome PeterMc

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here