Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork Reheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork Reheating

Fellow Pit Masters, I have searched my fingers bloody here on this site. I need your help, please!

MeatHead published a recipe for a vinegar (as I remember) sauce that he recommended using when reheating pulled pork. It was stellar (aren't all his recipes?) and I had the recipe written down. It got tossed! Argh!

Now I can't find that recipe here at AR to save my soul. Double ARGH!

Can anybody point me to that recipe?

Thanks so much in advance.

My Google-fu is failing me CeramicChef. I'm having no luck. Perhaps it was his recipe for Lexington Dip?
    In Lexington, North Carolina the barbecue sauce recipe is mostly vinegar with just a touch of ketchup and hot pepper. Here's how to make an authentic NC Lexington Dip BBQ sauce and mop baste. Relying heavily on vinegar, apple juice, and red pepper flakes, this tangy sauce penetrates meat deeply to make it flavorful.

Comment

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      jholmgren - thanks! I don't remember the ketchup component, but that recipe sounds delicious!

I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks again!

Maybe this one?

Create your own amazing East Carolina vinegar BBQ sauce and mop with this simple to follow recipe. Tangy and spicy, Low Country vinegar sauce is great for finishing fatty pork and does double duty as a baste (or mop) for adding layers of flavor to the meat as it cooks. Because it is so thin, it penetrates deep.

Eastern Carolina mop sauce.

Comment

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      HC in SC - that sounds mighty close to what I remember. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on! The best Eastern Carolina sauce I ever had was at a place called 'Country Cousins BBQ' up in Scranton, SC between Kingstree and Lake City back in the 80s and early 90s. Unfortunately the place is long gone.

The stuff they made looked like white vinegar with some red pepper flakes, but I'm sure it had more in it. I just got some homemade hash from a buddy for Xmas and plan on doing some butts for a family barbeque this weekend and am trying a version of this recipe. After trying several other East Carolina sauce recipes I am hoping Guest 's eastern sauce is as good as his mustard sauce recipe. You'd swear Meathead was raised here in the Lowcounty going by his mustard sauce. Hope his Eastern Carolina Sauce comes close!
      Last edited by HC in SC; December 10, 2015, 06:44 AM.

Those sound like safe bets. You need something to help moisten the meat. If I wrap I use the drippings.

Comment

• Cuscowilla
      Cuscowilla commented
      Editing a comment
      If you will put those wonderful drippings in a gravy seperator, you can remove the grease and the jus will enhance your flavor profile without having to add extra sauce.

I am with LA pork butt, I used the stuff that comes from the pork, have it in a separate jar after the cook. Stuff is gold. However, the east Carolina sauce is another option that works well.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
      Those sound like safe bets. You need something to help moisten the meat. If I wrap I use the drippings.
      I even remember some BBQ TV where they actually injected the drippings back into the shoulders before they pulled them....but for sure I have containers of goo stuck in corners of my frigs. Reheating has been made easier since the advent of crock pot and roasting pan liners - depending on how much you need to reheat - since you can add your moistener of choice and seal the liner so you lose no moisture. I personally never reheat with sauce - SOS always for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here