Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs were worth the wait…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs were worth the wait…

Due to work travel and son’s baseball today was the first day I’ve had this summer to smoke
    meat. Kept it basic with some baby back ribs, MMD. Weber kettle, KBB, SnS, pecan chunks. Perfect smoking weather: sunny, 85 degrees, no wind. 5 hours for one rack, 5.5 for the second , ran 230 degrees first half of the cook, as the ambient temp rose (grill is in the sun) cook temp ran about 240. Most efficient SnS burn I’ve ever had. Didn’t refill water, unlit coals left at the end.

MMD was a bit on the sweet side. Not sure if I left something out or didn’t measure something properly. Minor flaw. Overall results were great.

Great to spend part of a day smoking meat. Click image for larger version

Name:	FAFB24E9-F981-4652-9062-28A4314D7365.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1251620 Click image for larger version

Name:	AD744BAB-0F9E-4F69-87DD-C747F038793C.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1251621 Click image for larger version

Name:	24941E8A-9238-4DB9-A415-3912A1C4BFE7.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1251622

You’re right, it was a great day to cook outside in Chicagoland. The ribs look great!

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Nice cook! Do you rotate the racks when you do more than one in the kettle?

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      If I remember to rotate them, yes. For this cook I was very intentional about it because they were not uniform size. Even rotating them one rack took 20 mins longer than the other.

Nice! Those look great!

Comment

NIce! Rib night is always a plus, especially after one has been busy!

Comment

I’d eat ‘em,,,,,

Comment

Very nice...a nice day with some great ribs makes it even better.....good job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here