Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bon Appetit's "Quick Ribs" recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bon Appetit's "Quick Ribs" recipe

From the current "Grilling Issue" that arrived in the mailbox this morning:
    If you don't want to bake [the ribs] for two hours, take a shortcut by popping your dry-rubbed ribs in an Instant Pot with 1/2 cup water. Cook them on high pressure for 10 minutes until just tender (not falling off the bone). Then firm them up in the fridge for an hour or so before glazing and grilling

This is an alternative cooking method to the primary recipe's description of oven-baked at 300 for 2 to 2.5 hours.

Wonder where the smoke flavor comes in

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Liquid smoke in the BBQ sauce and in the glaze.
      Put red food coloring in the braising liquid for a smoke ring.
      I call this my mother-in-law ribs.
      She asked, "Why does your dog keep staring at me?"
      I replied, "Because you're eating out of her bowl."

šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

Comment

You ca Vortex them in an hour, and Iā€™ll bet they taste better.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John "+1" because you have two. šŸ‘šŸ˜

Basically a home version of the same way many of the high volume "ribs" restaurants do them. Pre-cooked in large steam vessels and then sauced and finished in large salamanders. You know, the kind of places lots of tourists flock to when on vacation but most of the members here would avoid like the plague.

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
        WillTravelForFood commented
        Editing a comment
        Does one of those places you refer to rhyme with "pabblebees"?

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        The place that rhymes is quite known for their microwaves. Any steaming/boiling there is done at the distributor.

We think one aspect of the recipes in Bon App are that they try to provide guidance to reach the largest number of potential cooks possible. Not everyone who reads Bon App has a smoker or even a grill.... but practically everyone has an oven.

Comment

Well. I gotta speak up.

Theyā€™re going to be good. I mean, theyā€™re ribs. And thatā€™s Bon Appetit.

What we doā€¦ what we do, why weā€™re here, why Meathead had devoted his life to teaching about ribsā€¦ we arenā€™t here for good ribs.

WE ARE HERE FOR AMAZING RIBS.

Itā€™s right there, in the URL.

I really donā€™t think there is anything else to say about this.

Comment

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Preach it Mosca.

• captainlee
          captainlee commented
          Editing a comment
          Say it again !

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here