Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs in 45 minutes? No smoker, no time, no problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs in 45 minutes? No smoker, no time, no problem

The only Ribs that will pair with Coor's Light.

St. Louis BBQ Ribs - Liquid Smoked - PERFECT SOLUTION FOR A WORKING FAMILY! - YouTube
    Last edited by bbqLuv; July 5, 2022, 03:35 PM.

I stopped when he said "boil". If I don’t have time to do it right, then no ribs.

Comment

Comment

If your ribs look like a McRib, I'll kindly pass. I rarely pass on free food, but this recipe is NOT my jam.

Comment

I stopped when he said Coors Light 😁

Comment

I stopped at 45 minutes!

Comment

I wish I didn't "click"

Comment

From: https://www.fieryflavors.com/liquid-...n-liquid-smoke

Excerpt:

“The smoke flavor comes from a smoke condensate that is listed as natural smoke flavor. In order to make this condensate, wood has to be burned at very high temperatures. The wood used may be in the form of chips or sawdust. Manufacturers can use any type of hardwood typically used for smoking food to provide smoke flavoring. The wood is burned and the smoke condensate is collected in condensers as a liquid with the flavoring properties of the burned wood. That liquid can be further concentrated to give it a stronger flavor.

In other words, the smoke flavor in liquid smoke is actually from smoke, not some laboratory-made imitation of it. The use of the liquid derived from smoke is not new. Such liquids have been valuable from as far back as the time of Pliny the Elder who praised its effectiveness as an embalming agent. It was useful for this purpose because the condensate from smoke has some of the antibacterial properties that make smoke good for preserving meat.”

Useful as an embalming agent, eh? I recommend we go exhume Pliny the Elder to see just how well preserved he is.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I kind of like Pliny the Elder. 🍺 Just wish it would make it’s way to the east coast.

• WayneT
                  WayneT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never been a hop-head and IPA’s in particular are just not my preference. Does it have liquid smoke in it?

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Pliny the Elder Cooks with Embalming Fluid" was the first hit show on the Food Network.

The whole point of not boiling ribs is that all the flavor goes out into the water, right?

Serious question: why not vacuum seal them in a sous vide bag and boil them? Not at 140°, or 165°, but at 212°? All the juice and flavor stays inside, right? Then just brown ‘em off on the grill and you got ribs.

Comment

• smokenoob
                  smokenoob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  don’t throw that water out!!! may go good with vodka!

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you boil in BEER, no you have pork infused beverage, since the alcohol will cook off at 170*F, vodka is need, or 151.
                  smokenoob is on the right track, Pork infused beverage with vodka over ice with a squeeze of lime. I like the way he thinks.

I can tell this crowd is just dying to try my Instant Pot ribs...

Comment

• Mosca
                  Mosca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hehe, I’ve done them in a slow cooker when there was 30” of snow on the ground.

• Mark-B
                  Mark-B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do share more details!

I've tried them in the instant pot. They were OK as I finished them on the grill. No smoke flavor though (obviously) and the texture was quite a bit different from the lower\slower option.

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mark-B "No smoke flavor." Liquid smoke is the answer.

There are very few short cuts for preping great food, this isn't one of them.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Of course, it is not one of them!
                  It is about edible ribs, fast, "Down and Dirty" as it were.
                  Last edited by bbqLuv; July 6, 2022, 08:19 AM.

Hard pass.
                I have more than enough options for things that a supposed to be cooked in under an hour…

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here