Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoking-time-for-"country"-ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking time for "country" ribs

I’m smoking some so-called country ribs at 225. I’m shooting for an internal temp of about 135-140. What smoking time should I figure on?

Which country ribs? Loin cut or shoulder (butt) cut?

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      If going for an IT of 140, I hope they are the loin cut country ribs.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 my thoughts exactly

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      luhnlaw - What Jerod asked is exactly what I was thinking. The country style I get from COSTCO are butt cuts. I treat them like butt and the internal temp is about 195 for pulled pork. The smoking time is considerably less (6 hrs) to get it there. At 140 it would be one tough hunk of meat.

I just finished two packages of country ribs. These are the pork butt cut with sections of the shoulder blade bone included. I trimmed them and cleaned up the bandsaw bone dust. Then, coated them lightly with Killer Hog rub and put them on the pellet smoker at 300°. When I was happy with the color, I put them in an aluminum pan, burshed lightly with a sweet BBQ sauce, sprayed them with apple juice, and covered with foil. Back on the smoker until they probed tender. Total cook time was ~ 4½ hours and the final IT was about 206°. They are good enough for company.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here