Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We’re half way through…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re half way through…

We’re half way through the cook…
    Butts, lard and pork belly on Friday…
    Stew & ribs Saturday morning…
    Family reunion starts at 2!
    Cousins must mail DNA proof to be eligible for this year’s gathering…
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Washblue; June 24, 2022, 08:31 PM.

I have the proof I just don't have it on me. Well, I do have the DNA, just not the test results. The dog I almost used to have ate them Anyways see you at 2...

Comment

• Washblue
      Washblue commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! See you then!

Looks fantastic, great pit set up.
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; June 24, 2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

****calling 23andme to pull some "strands"

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Could you get me a few while you re at it.. I’d appreciate it, and thank you,

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Richard Chrz trust me, you don't want to get involved. I get weekly emails with new blood relatives, it's like a wannabe inbred dating service.

If you inherited money from a Nigerian prince, we’re cousins. See ya at 2:00 sharp!

Comment

• Washblue
        Washblue commented
        Editing a comment
        Sid P LMBO… We can FaceTime him when you get here! He’s only 5 hours ahead of us!
        Last edited by Washblue; June 24, 2022, 05:01 PM.

Folks, these butts went 6 hours in pear and hickory smoke and we never touched them until they went in a foil pan for the remaining 3 hours… Only SPG to start and 203° to finish… definitely a fall apart, no sauce necessary roasting!
      Last edited by Washblue; June 24, 2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Pics! We need pics please….

• Washblue
        Washblue commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve added a couple in the original post… Panhead John
        If tomorrow’s cook is as good as today’s… we’ll get good reviews…

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m on the way…..cuz.

Dang! Looks like I need to get the Gene Genie on the job so I can qualify for some of that...!

Comment

Well, they sure won't be going home hungry. It all looks fantastic!

Comment

We’ve already tested the dessert…
          My grandmother’s recipe Pound Cake with a coating of PepperMash Butter… and topped with a generous helping of PepperMash Strawberry Jam!
          PepperMash is an awesome hot pepper relish I make… Don’t pay me any mind…
          Attached Files

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Where the <^%=/_%%/ is the pepper jam recipe couz???

Outstanding! Are those wireless thermometers you used? I want some PepperMash so I can start slathering it on shortcake 🍓🍓🍓🔥🔥🔥💯❤️🐿

Comment

• Washblue
            Washblue commented
            Editing a comment
            MsTwiggy … Those are nephew Ben’s Meater probes… this was my first experience with them…. Seemed to work ok…. When we put the butts in the foil pans, we removed the probes and reinserted through the foil covers, so they could keep the Wi-Fi connection…
            Last edited by Washblue; June 25, 2022, 04:48 AM.

• DaveD
            DaveD commented
            Editing a comment
            I've got one of those Meater+ wireless probes, and I love it. It's not like a radio frequency monitor's range, much shorter, but if you lose connection you need only get close by for a moment for it to reconnect, and you don't lose data because the probe stores it internally, it all catches up. Satisfied customer for sure.

Will make a plan on the the DNA hurdle but flight arrangements are not paning out. Sure looks like a fun feast forthcoming.

Comment

• Washblue
            Washblue commented
            Editing a comment
            holehogg …. I’ve already announced I’m gonna be sleeping all next week…
            Last edited by Washblue; June 26, 2022, 10:41 AM.

They Look good and I like the pit setup.

Comment

• Washblue
            Washblue commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks rlozinak … we’re very pleased with the pit…

Let's have that Pepper Mash recipe, please!!!

Comment

That looks wonderful! See you at 2pm, Uncle Wash. (Nephews don't need DNA tests, right?)
            Last edited by 58limited; June 25, 2022, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Washblue View Post
              Cousins must mail DNA proof to be eligible for this year’s gathering…
              With a spread as amazing as that, I'm sure 23 and Me can connect us somehow... cuz.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here