Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork rib hold time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork rib hold time?

Gonna do a couple racks of STLs tomorrow. I normally don't have any reason to hold them, but I'm also doing Vortex wings and want the ribs done before I have to do the wings. I've held them in a cooler once in the past. I just can't remember for how long (1-2hrs maybe?). I don't want to hold them in the oven.

So how long have you held pork ribs wrapped in foil in a cooler?

I’ve never held them, but I wouldn’t hesitate to hold them in a cooler, wrapped, for a couple hours.

Comment

I put the whole racks in a disposable foil full sized hotel pan. Cover with foil and wrap the pan in a moving blanket. Works like a charm.

Comment

• Rod
        Rod commented
        Editing a comment
        Jfrosty27 For how long have you held them?

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rod I have held them as much as two hours with no issues.

• Hogjaws
        Hogjaws commented
        Editing a comment
        Kept foil wrapped country ribs in a picnic cooler wrapped in heavy towel also. Almost 2 1/2 hours and came out spot on. I'd rather be lucky than good.

Long enough to get from my plate to my mouth!

They will keep a couple of hours in a cooler, or an oven at the lowest temperature. Just remember, keep warm and not continue cooking. 140-160*F should work.

Comment

I've held them a couple hours - they can soften up a bit, though, so just be aware. If they're overdone and THEN held, they'll be fall-apart. Which some people don't mind, I know my family doesn't - but I do.

Comment

I've held them up to about two hours in our oven on Hold Warm mode, about 170 degrees. Loosely covered with foil and they were fine. I don't like to hold them but sometimes it just works out that way like your circumstances.

Comment

Very timely! I'm also doing two racks of SLCs tomorrow, and fortunately I have no competing timing issues... going to serve those puppies as soon as they're done...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here