Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do y'all like to do with pulled pork besides sammiches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a great recipe courtesy of Troutman - which I HIGHLY recommend.

Salsa Verde Pulled Pork Enchiladas:

Living in the Southwest has its culinary advantages due primarily to one thing, Mexican cuisine. Although Mexican cooking can be had literally anywhere in the

Comment

If anybody hasn't made HouseHomey flautas you missing out.

These are impromptu videos I made today. Forgive me as no forethought was given ahead of time as to what I was gonna say. Times, temps, size and ingredients are just whatever. You only need to heat through, make it crunchy and be sure they don’t open while in the oil. So this is more of a technique that we use for leftovers.

Comment

Tater tots, crisped in oven in cast iron, topped with the pulled pork mixed with favorite bbq sauce (or not), then topped with shredded cheddar and monterey jack and back in oven to melt the cheese.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	BD9ECBF5-2F59-4354-B639-8B47F5749F90_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	1210007 Click image for larger version

Name:	578A5CAF-C885-484F-8858-44DB588F5A9E_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1210006

Comment

Got a friend who makes a heck of an egg roll with extra. Won't share the recipe either Maybe not so much a friend , as an associate!

Comment

• jerrybell
            jerrybell commented
            Editing a comment
            Had to do a double take on that last word there. Thought the last several letters were going to be something different.

Not sure if mentioned, but I did a smoked queso loaded with PP the other day that was pretty dang good!

Comment

• jitsntricks
            jitsntricks commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah that sounds really dang good

quesabirria

Comment

"cheese steak" sammies plus a whole bunch of stuff others have already mentioned

Comment

Hush Piggies.

Comment

Eggs, Cuban sandwiches, burritos. I like the fried rice idea!

Comment

A lot of good ideas here, maybe that pulled pork will not make to the freezer...

Comment

• jitsntricks
                    jitsntricks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, only about 1.5 - 2 lbs made it to the freezer this time ( I smoked about 15lbs ).
                    I typically try to smoke about 20 lbs at a time so that way we can eat on it for a couple days and then have it on hand whenever we want. I typically get the pork at a restaurant supply store here if they have the best deal but I have to get it 20lbs at a time in a 2-pack so I have to smoke it all at once. I don't mind stocking up.. with the state of our economy and the way it is headed it's not a bad idea.

My favorite is 1) nachos, 2) chili, 3) omelets

Comment

• jitsntricks
                    jitsntricks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I need to make another batch of your shawsh! That was great on pulled pork!

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jitsntricks Why thank you! It's good on brisket too, although I typically don't use sauce on brisket. Try a 50/50 mix of it plus my (or Meathead's, or any) Carolina mustard sauce, and a little dash of lime juice, on chicken! Mmmmm

Pulled pork siracha chili is a favorite of ours. Think there's a recipe on the site for it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here