Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She dont like smoked ham!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She dont like smoked ham!

So i was talking with my sister who I live with. And I suggest that we put the ham on the smoker for Easter. She goes to me, I don't like smoked ham. Now what am I supposed to do? I have trager so that I would only be baking it on the smoker. But it looks like the ham will be baked in the oven....

Pick her up a package of boiled ham slices she can enjoy while everyone else has your ham. Maybe if she has a bite of yours she might realize she does actually like it. 🙂

Comment

Just tell her all ham is smoked, so if she likes ham, she likes smoked ham, and then smoke it.

Comment

Ham Steak for Sis... Double Smoked ham for everyone else.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. We smoke a lot of meat but the wife said oven baked ham for Easter. Oh well, I'll plan a smoked meal for Monday.

Comment

Oh my wife likes smoked ham well enough. But she wants the house to "smell like Easter" so in the oven it goes…. 🙄

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahahaha, that's something my mom would say.

Is it big enough to cut in half? Or maybe a third for the smoker?

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Or, or, or mebbee, just mebbee a third, pretty please! Awe c’mon sis!

How many for dinner? Can you cook two smaller hams, one outside and one inside

Comment

• rlozinak
              rlozinak commented
              Editing a comment
              There will only be 5 of us. But that would be a good idea!

See rlozinak , we are all pullin fer ya, rill hard, yessir! Git r’ done!
            Last edited by FireMan; April 15, 2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

If she does it in the oven, it will be at 350. If you do it on the pellet pooper at 350, there will be no smoke. Just tell her you are BAKING it in "non-smoke" mode on the Traeger, to save room in the oven for other sides.

Heck - with ham you are really just reheating it anyway, and in a pinch, I've done it on a gas grill, where I put a sheet pan on the flavorizer bars as a heat deflector, and run it with the dome thermometer at 350F, and gotten the job done.

Comment

Well I have suggested all of the comments from you all and she says NO! Thanks for the suggestions. She did say I could buy a ham and cook it next week on the trager. Then maybe next year....

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My wife has been happy for me to take that stuff out and save her the oven space - the turkeys and hams I mean. I think it was her idea the first time in fact. Anyway, to each her own, but you don’t have to add smoke beyond what is already in the ham, as I am sure you told her.

My wife doesn't like anything smoked. Ribs, split the rack, 1/2 on gasser and 1/2 on smoker. Other things too, but I have my limits. Sometimes it's here's your portion. Cook it yourself.

Comment

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am glad I’ve been blessed with a family that will eat all the bbq I throw at them…. And I am sure some of the early offset stuff I made back in the 90’s had a nice dirty smoke flavor to it.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here