Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do You Buy Your Pork Butts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get mine at either Restaurant Depot or Wild Fork.

Comment

If I am feeding a lot of people, I go to Sir-Mix-A-Lot's for the Big Butts. Otherwise Sam's club or the local grocer when they are on sale.

Comment

I buy the Costco 2-packs, and also buy at my neighborhood grocery store. My neighborhood store butchers their own, and have good sales once a quarter or so. The butcher counter will cut a fresh one for you if you give them about 10 minutes. :-)

Comment

I wait till they are on sale at Kroger and then take the ad to HEB and sweet talk the butcher.
          4/5 I get him to match.

Comment

crazytown3 - the photo of the shoulder strips from COSTCO

Click image for larger version

Name:	E1BDEB13-67A9-437A-B3FC-FAC0CD76177A.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1189242

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker - I have, in a variation. I also use them for pork adobada. I rub the strip, smoke it, cube it and finish in the Dutch oven in sauce.
              Last edited by tbob4; March 14, 2022, 02:26 PM. Reason: Auto correct - made my Dutch oven a Ditch haha

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              oooooh yeah. Now that sounds good. tbob4

• crazytown3
              crazytown3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! Now that I see your picture, I do recognize those packs. The Costco I frequent most doesn't have them all the time, but periodically. I will pay more attention next time I see them.

Winn Dixie and Rouses are stores around here that typically have $0.99 / pound sales. I usually stock up. Rouses usually have the double butt pack for 99 cents a pound, and Winn Dixie has the single butt. They also put the picnic on sale for the same price.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here