Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maple Pig Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple Pig Candy

Anyone ever try this method without doing the crutch? I am doing them along with some other ribs and just dont have the spcae to crutch in the PBC while the other racks are cooking. My method is going to be to simmer the apple juice with some MMD mixed in prior to adding the rest of the glaze ingredients... anyone ever give it a try?

Not in the PBC. I have wrapped a couple times and all that jazz with the extra stuff a couple times on the offset.

Not my cup of tea.

You know once you get to the wrapping, you can just place in the oven. Just be careful of the tenderness if you go to rehang.

Comment

Hello Pittkappasig, how did it turn out? The first time I did the maple pig candy I did not crutch it, I just did exactly like you were proposing. They turned out phenomenal. The next two times I wrapped for 30 minutes and harvested the juice and made the glaze. I did not notice a huge difference in taste, just slight, and I certainly noticed a difference in smell when I was boiling it. The jury is still out so next time I do it I'm going to try it again without wrapping. Also, I prefer to smoke ribs for a little longer than most because I do like them super tender and falling off the bone. Just my preference. I think either way you do the glaze, it will be great.

Comment

turned out great actually! no worries at all, the glaze was perfect and the ribs were devoured. if youre using a PBC and dont have room to crutch, works great!

Comment

Great to hear!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here