Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restocking Pork Breakfast Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restocking Pork Breakfast Sausage

I caught a deal on pork butts @ $1.29 per lb. (only in 2 packs) so time to grind some breakfast sausage. I also had about 7 lbs of pork trimmings from fatty edges of pork bellies that have been cured into bacon this winter. I ended up with 25 lbs of seasoned sausage that I divided into 30 portions for the freezer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B6B78E88-EB03-47F8-BBAD-BDCFE00E5A1E.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	1160642 Click image for larger version

Name:	8D38A1F2-0567-41F9-ADD4-C409C64179F9.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1160641 Click image for larger version

Name:	04DB78FD-E82A-4387-A814-9D0071278973.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	1160644 Click image for larger version

Name:	D9C426F4-2DE2-48AD-9516-5BC7E4B05128.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1160643

Very nice!

Comment

YUM!!!!

Comment

Dang. I’m jealous. Nice work my friend. 💪

Comment

Nicely done and multiple trips to the store saved!

Comment

Nice work! I'm jealous. What seasoning recipe do you use?

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
              Oakgrovebacon commented
              Editing a comment
              I buy a bag of sausage seasoning that does 100 lbs from Berhmanns meat market in Albers, IL. Works out that 1/3 cup does 5lbs. Grind meat with 3/16” plate- mix seasoning and run through 3/16 grind again. I will find the bag and get a picture of the label to post.

Seasoning that I use for breakfast sausage. Years ago I would buy sausage from Behrmanns and thought it was very good. Seasoning tastes great - their sausage very fine ground and very fat. I use a courser grind and a less fat - straight pork butt is a bit lean, need to add a little oil to fry it. So save whatever pork fat you can to add into sausage. Click image for larger version

Name:	6FAFCF68-5387-4653-B72B-67BF77CBB332.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1161263

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here