Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She ain't never done that before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For someone who has had their gasser burst into flames, I can say that being calm enough to take a pic is beyond me mate.
    Glad it ended up all well in the end and no-one got hurt

Comment

Had a HUGE fire in my BBQ vault once at an event. Was cooking overnight, and had 15 briskets going. When I sa huge I mean flames coming out the stack above the roof of the trailer. Closed the intake ball valve and the damper on the stack, and took a few swigs from my flask to calm my nerves. About a minute later Temps started to plummet, and fire was out. Raised the opposite side of the trailer that the drip tray valve was on and opened it. An entire hotel pan was filled up with grease. That happened a little after midnight. Was still ready for service at 1000 and didn't have a single dead soldier. I got lucky, last time I tried hot and fast though, lol!

Comment

• willxfmr
        willxfmr commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you were able to save the meat! Losing 15 brisket sounds like there would have been a lot of disappointed people.

All is well that ends well and glad no one was hurt!

Comment

Just a quick update.
        After cleaning everything up I did a test burn today. Everything worked just like it should despite an outside temp of 5°.

Comment

• efincoop
          efincoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Great news. Thanks for the update!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here