Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless Pork Butt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _John_
    replied
    Agree with the above, I tried it with the net on last year and it almost melts through the holes as it cooks then the crust forms on the outside, I had to cut off almost all of the bark to get the meat to come out.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your opinion.

• cdd315
    replied
    I will also cut them into half and sometimes quarters if it's a large one. I like to maximize the amount of bark. I don't leave the net on while cooking as it tends to take some of the bark off when you remove it. I will tie it up with butchers string though to keep it in a uniform shape if I have to.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    I usually cut it, I guess... so it cooks faster.

Once in awhile I will tie them, for no particular reason.

• Dewesq55
    replied
    smarkley, So you think I should keep the roast shape intact, or at most cut it in 2?

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    Dewesq55 I have always just cut the boneless butt into smaller chunks... or just tied them up with butchers string to do the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    started a topic Boneless Pork Butt Question

Boneless Pork Butt Question

Folks:

I have an 8lb boneless butt that I want to cook on Sunday for pulled pork. It is rolled and covered in one of those elastic net bag things. I am looking for opinions as to whether I should unroll it and cook it or keep it rolled into the roast shape and cook it in the net bag. Anybody have an opinion?

DEW

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here