Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskee's Rib Rub in the Pit Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Geeze and I was about ready to start your praises Jerod Broussard . Why don't we see more of this from you?

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Forgot this existed. Brings back memories of being married.

• Huskee
    replied
    Funny, I searched Huskee's Rib Rub on Google to see if my rub recipe made it outside of our PMC world, and Google gave me this link (among a couple others). A oldie but a goodie post from my pal Jerod. (Google also likes my Orange-Jalapeno Shawsh recipe.) #honored

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    I would so jack that up. I would need 20" hooks.

• bep35
    replied
    Use a garden rake to lift out the lit basket. Works awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Welding gloves. Got to be a little quick. If the trip is a little long they can overheat some.

• fredcanfly
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have a tool or something to get that charcoal basket out of there while it's still lit? I guess I haven't looked into that side of it enough. Mine always just burn down at the end.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Dry brined with Kosher salt for maybe 1/2 hour. Potatoes started cooking waaaaaaay faster than I expected. I prefer to measure table salt and brine over night. If I use Kosher I just sprinkle.

I know the salt starts penetrating once the meat heats so no worries with the brine time.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 20, 2014, 08:18 PM.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Cool, might have to try me some allspice. Did you do it with the salt or dry brine and no-salt?

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    I had 5 ribs unsauced with a little extra rub. Wife got one of them. She said the rub was so good she didn't realize it didn't have sauce. I only put one slightly heaping teaspoon of Allspice so that it wouldn't over power. It did perfect.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	husk5.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	11493

How you know you've had a great cook on the PBC.

With ample O2, briquettes that have soaked in grease have their turn.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    DUDE, thats good BBQ!

thx for the pics

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Awesome rib rub!!! I sauced for the kids, did a dry rib for moi. with a little extra rub before I went on the plate. Got some sauced for me for work tomorrow.....excellent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	husk2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	11479 Click image for larger version

Name:	husk1.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	11480 Click image for larger version

Name:	husk3.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	11481 Click image for larger version

Name:	husk4.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	11482

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Pics? : )

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not paid placements, they are a curated selection of reviewed products.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. This has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to maintain and improve this site so please click our “buy now” buttons on product reviews!

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

Amp Up Your Outdoor Cooking Game By Joining The Pitmaster Club

AmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Club
Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. Experience the countless benefits — from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more– by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! Get a free 30-day trial here.

BBQ And Grilling Gifts For Every Occasion

Looking for the perfect gift for the BBQ and grilling enthusiasts in your life? Here’s our suggestion for platinum and gold medal-winning products at a variety of price points. Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts.

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker, placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side. Click here to read our†complete review.