Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskee's Rib Rub in the Pit Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskee's Rib Rub in the Pit Barrel

Got a couple St. Louis in the mid 3 pound range. Just checked with the bend test at the 3 hour mark. Ever so not quite ready. They start to split....but need a tad more before they get the sauce.

I am going to leave a strip of rib dry and add a little more of Huskee's rub to get the full affect.

Pics? : )

Comment

Awesome rib rub!!! I sauced for the kids, did a dry rib for moi. with a little extra rub before I went on the plate. Got some sauced for me for work tomorrow.....excellent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	husk2.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	11479 Click image for larger version

Name:	husk1.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	11480 Click image for larger version

Name:	husk3.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	11481 Click image for larger version

Name:	husk4.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	11482

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          I had 5 ribs unsauced with a little extra rub. Wife got one of them. She said the rub was so good she didn't realize it didn't have sauce. I only put one slightly heaping teaspoon of Allspice so that it wouldn't over power. It did perfect.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, might have to try me some allspice. Did you do it with the salt or dry brine and no-salt?

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Dry brined with Kosher salt for maybe 1/2 hour. Potatoes started cooking waaaaaaay faster than I expected. I prefer to measure table salt and brine over night. If I use Kosher I just sprinkle.

I know the salt starts penetrating once the meat heats so no worries with the brine time.
          Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 20, 2014, 08:18 PM.

DUDE, thats good BBQ!

thx for the pics

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	husk5.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	11493

How you know you've had a great cook on the PBC.

With ample O2, briquettes that have soaked in grease have their turn.

Comment

• fredcanfly
            fredcanfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have a tool or something to get that charcoal basket out of there while it's still lit? I guess I haven't looked into that side of it enough. Mine always just burn down at the end.

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Welding gloves. Got to be a little quick. If the trip is a little long they can overheat some.

Use a garden rake to lift out the lit basket. Works awesome!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I would so jack that up. I would need 20" hooks.

Funny, I searched Huskee's Rib Rub on Google to see if my rub recipe made it outside of our PMC world, and Google gave me this link (among a couple others). A oldie but a goodie post from my pal Jerod. (Google also likes my Orange-Jalapeno Shawsh recipe.) #honored

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Forgot this existed. Brings back memories of being married.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Geeze and I was about ready to start your praises Jerod Broussard . Why don't we see more of this from you?

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here