Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mangalitsa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Shut the front door!

• Sweaty Paul
    commented on 's reply
    Was this a pre-cooked ham? It looks positively spectacular!

• SheilaAnn
    commented on 's reply
    Oh snap!

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Panhead John I’ll have to bang one out soon. Lol

• JCBBQ
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D84769A2-EAF3-4FE4-B044-E8EF13CB6D87.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1146779 No Mosca Masterpiece but the jerk pineapple combo is killer even if you’re just warming a spiral ham.

Leave a comment:

• Eric2662
    commented on 's reply
    Mosca Without a doubt it was one of the most flavorful hams I've ever tasted! Im curious to try Mangalitsa ribs now. I want to see how they stack up against some of the other heritage breeds I've had.

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Eric2662 I got it from Allen Brothers. Would you agree, though, that even cooked to 160* it is incredibly delicious?

I will definitely get this ham again. And I will cook it to 135*-140*.

• SheilaAnn
    replied
    This breed is amazing! Nice looking meal, friend!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Man how did I miss that one, outstanding piece a work there Mosca

Leave a comment:

• Eric2662
    commented on 's reply
    Mosca I just did one of these over the weekend. It was fantastic! I also cooked it to 160 as the website suggested. It came out slightly drier than I would have wanted. I always thought ham was completely cooked in the 135-140 range, but thought it would be best to listen to the company selling it. Did you get yours from Holy Grail Steak? The pics look amazing by the way. Nice job!

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    I agree!

• Texas Larry
    replied
    This looks and sounds delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I’m thinking we’ll need a video afterwards, describing how you "pulled your pork" off the grill. 🤓

• JCBBQ
    replied
    Those pics inspired me. I picked up a spiral ham at Costco and some jerk and pineapple juice. Looking forward to this.

Leave a comment:

• jstrause
    replied
    Looks amazing. I've had Mangalitsa pork chops from a local farm and it was hands down the most delicious pork chop I've ever had in my life.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here