Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pigskit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Nope! 🤣

• FireMan
    replied
    So you and Doc Pep changed yer names eh? Did ya legalize it? Couldn’t go with juss Zero to make it simple eh?

Leave a comment:

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    Good luck! I'll be sure to share how mine goes this week.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Not yet. Actually planning to do it last week of December so soon!

• DaveD
    replied
    Late to the show, but I just pulled a Porter Road pigsket out of the freezer, looking to smoke it Weds afternoon when I start my holiday break. Have you done yours yet?

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris I was formerly Zero Credit

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    wait? Who the heck is STEbbq?

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Yea what the hell Zero you trying reinvent yourself? Might I suggest an avatar of the Dude.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    But I have seen pics of your cooks! 😁

Well, we will forget about the infamous hot dog incident for now.

• Huskee
    replied
    STEbbq Your new username implies you have never come to visit me.

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    commented on 's reply
    At least he kept the Zero!

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I guess y’all are stuck staring at my cool hat for a while.

• Panhead John
    replied
    Don’t change your avatar pic too, we won’t know who the hell you are.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    It really is just a super small hunk of pork, with brisket consistency. I smoked some black eyed peas or pintos in a small cast iron pot for a couple of hours along with the last one I smoked. This will be sliced, so is a nice change up from your pulled pork.

I recommend just slicing across the grain, like you would with beef brisket. It shrinks up a good bit, so that 2 pound piece of pork will probably be about 1.25 pounds or so post cook. Since its really a flat, I would think about wrapping once it has some bark.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    started a topic Pigskit

Pigskit

So, I am planning on cooking some pigskit from Porter Road in a few weeks plus pulling out some already cooked pork butt to serve. Tacos and sandwiches will be on the menu.

What else would be good to do with pigskit? Either sides or preferred way of serving pigskit?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here