Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pigskit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigskit

So, I am planning on cooking some pigskit from Porter Road in a few weeks plus pulling out some already cooked pork butt to serve. Tacos and sandwiches will be on the menu.

What else would be good to do with pigskit? Either sides or preferred way of serving pigskit?

It really is just a super small hunk of pork, with brisket consistency. I smoked some black eyed peas or pintos in a small cast iron pot for a couple of hours along with the last one I smoked. This will be sliced, so is a nice change up from your pulled pork.

I recommend just slicing across the grain, like you would with beef brisket. It shrinks up a good bit, so that 2 pound piece of pork will probably be about 1.25 pounds or so post cook. Since its really a flat, I would think about wrapping once it has some bark.

Comment

Don’t change your avatar pic too, we won’t know who the hell you are.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea what the hell Zero you trying reinvent yourself? Might I suggest an avatar of the Dude.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        wait? Who the heck is STEbbq?

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris I was formerly Zero Credit

STEbbq Your new username implies you have never come to visit me.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        But I have seen pics of your cooks! 😁

Well, we will forget about the infamous hot dog incident for now.

Late to the show, but I just pulled a Porter Road pigsket out of the freezer, looking to smoke it Weds afternoon when I start my holiday break. Have you done yours yet?

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet. Actually planning to do it last week of December so soon!

• DaveD
        DaveD commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck! I'll be sure to share how mine goes this week.

So you and Doc Pep changed yer names eh? Did ya legalize it? Couldn’t go with juss Zero to make it simple eh?

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope! 🤣

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here