Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiral Cut Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiral Cut Ham

This spiral cut ham that I have been learning about on AR is all new to me.
    I have never struck it over here, any other Ozzies on here come across this cut locally?
    Looks fantastic, I reckon we have been missing out!!

Not something we find on the shelves either.
    I have had the urge to do one too and can't remember if instructions on how to slice a leg into a spiral was on the free site or here in the pit, or may be I dreamt it up.
    I'm sure if I give my butcher some notice he'd slice one for me. Something I'm definitely going to consider for Christmas.

Comment

If memory serves me right this is the company that started it here in the USA. So much cheaper to do your own, and results can be much better.

Comment

It can make a nice presentation and definitely has the lazy factor for serving. That said it's just an easier way for most of the population to serve dry ham. You have to do more work to prevent the slices from drying out. I turned out a lot of really bad ham (spiral and unsliced) before I learned how to prepare them.

Comment

A staple up here, some brands are better than others.
          Its the Glaze that can make it or break it, we prefer the Irresistable brand with a brown sugar cinnamon glaze.

Comment

Nothing like one horizontal cut to produce multiple succulent slices.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here