Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot and fast pulled pork advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alla that looks gorgeous, y'all! Reckon I musta missed yalls' calls

My thoughts, since that's what was axed fer, above is, as such:

I generally smoke ~275~ish, average, ai'ght?

My thoughts is that:

If'n Meathead an docblonder , an th Science sez proteins quit takin in much smoke after a certain temp, why, well, then...

Reckon I'd smoke at my normal temps, to that IT, git some Good Smoke on it, then put Th Fire to it, if'n I was in a hurry...

Logic an Math both indicate to me that my protein will absorb more smoke, that way, vs droppin it in a 300+350~ish smoker, on accounta th protein gonna take longer to transition from Icebox temp, to 150, or what have ya...more smoke

If'n I was to be in a hurry, it's at that saturation point that I would lay th pedal to th metal...

Never have wrapped, ain't again it, jus messy business I don't wanna fool with, an I needs me my crunchy bark, as a reward fer my efforts.

Y'alls' Mileage May Vary.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; January 15, 2022, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here