Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pork Chop Wall is Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pork Chop Wall is Broken

Until tonight, my wife (a wonderful woman in so many ways) would not eat pork chops. When ecowper posted his pork chops in harissa marinade, she agreed to give them a shot. Man oh man, those thing were great. My wife ate the whole thing. I was stunned. She NEVER eats an entire piece of meat. But it was clean plate club time tonight. Thanks for the recipe Eric.

Good job. That is a solid recipe for sure!

Comment

He makes a pretty good chili, too! Not as good as mine, but pretty dang good, nonetheless!

Comment

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike I'd be willing to volunteer as a chili cook-off judge.

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike me too! Actually, I’m judging a local thing next weekend in da LBC.

I can't take any credit for that pork chop recipe other than finding it on SRF and thinking "holy cow, this might be good" .... and it was good. So good that when I told my wife I was going to make that again for dinner, her response was "yum" ..... historically speaking, her response to my suggestion of pork chops was "if you must".

CaptainMike don't make me come down there and sabotage your chili

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike - You two better knock this smack talk down a bit. It is upsetting. I suggest you both come down to Chico and battle it out. I propose a 12 hr time limit and no precooked ingredients - including brisket. For safety purposes, Alec Baldwin will not be able to fire the starting pistol.
        Last edited by tbob4; November 1, 2021, 07:08 PM.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        tbob4 I snorted whiskey at that!

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        If this goes down in Chico, I’m driving up!

She can now call you "The Amazing Draznni"
      or…..King Chop? 😁

Comment

Now THAT is a win, way to go! Maybe it's petty, but my proudest moment of marriage was getting my wife to like cooked fish. She likes sushi, but would not eat cooked catfish, trout, salmon, whatever. She loves my salmon and even requests it! Don't tell her, but I've been overcooking it for years on purpose and slowly dialing it back to where I like it and she raves how much better it is each time. One of these days I'll tell her, but I think I'll save it for my obituary

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper ….. uh huh….. give me stacy’s number 🤣🤣🤣

I actually got BF to realize that pork chops are ok with a hint of pink… baby steps.
          Last edited by SheilaAnn; November 1, 2021, 11:41 PM.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn I haven't won the pink chicken or pork battle yet, but I'm close... Still get questions from time to time, I always tell her it's just the smoke ring
          Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; November 2, 2021, 10:37 AM.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn I may not be the smartest guy around, but I’m smarter than that!!!! :-D

Up to a couple of years ago, my husband wouldn't eat BBQ ribs. He doesn't like fatty meat at all, so I was always careful with my choice of ribs, usually babybacks with no loin meat. Still no go for him.

So rib smokes for me always involved smoking a pork tenderloin for him.

Then one evening we went out with friends and he ordered babyback ribs! I was amazed. And a bit hurt. He wouldn't eat my ribs but would order them at at BBQ place??? What the heck??? So the next time I smoked ribs I didn't smoke a pork tenderloin. He gobbled the ribs up and has loved them (and requested them many a time) ever since. Go figure.

Now to work on the daughter who doesn't like to eat any meat that's still attached to a bone...another day, another challenge.

Kathryn
        Last edited by fzxdoc; November 2, 2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          one of our daughters won't eat ribs unless the meat is cut off the bone. She won't eat corn on the cob until the kernels are cut off the cob. Etc. Apparently, asking her about it several times, she doesn't enjoy "rib face".

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got a sister in law and one of her daughter's that won't touch ANY meat on a bone. They want boneless chicken, no ribs, and get grossed out if I serve bone-in chicken. Go figure!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here