Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with this Pigsket (Pork Brisket)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you have cut it into a couple pieces and grilled/cooked like a pork steak? Seems like it would lend itself to that pork shoulder flavor.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be much like cutting a beef brisket into steaks. Not sure I would like the results over low and slow.

That looks really tasty, Jim jfmorris . Good to hear that the science oven reheat didn't make the meat taste "leftover".

My two pigskets have been in the freezer for nearly a year, I think, so I really need to get them out. I usually toss food that has been frozen over a year. I've got a real brisket in there too, needing to get smoked. Maybe I should have a big Freezer Meat Smokefest party and invite a bunch of folks.

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a plan Kathryn! I'm curing a 9 pound pork belly into bacon, which was in the bottom of the deep freeze for ALMOST 2 years. It's been in the cryovac at -20F all that time, so I'm not too worried. I'll be smoking it after 3-5 days in the cure.

fzxdoc doc are you pigskets folded like Jim's? I purchased one a month or two back from Porter Road and it is flat like a beef brisket flat.
    Last edited by efincoop; October 26, 2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting. Thanks Jim.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't tell by looking at the package, frozen, @elfincoop. I'll let you know when I get them thawed.

Kathryn

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Kathryn!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here