Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally Busted Meth-Head Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally Busted Meth-Head Burnt Ends

If one makes Poor Man's Burnt Ends from chuck, then this must be a recipe for Totally Busted Meth-Head Burnt Ends. I love smoked bologna so I'm going to have to give this a try.
    Bloomin' BBQ Bologna Burnt Ends - YouTube
    Last edited by pkadare; October 17, 2021, 09:12 AM.

Awesome. Gotta do this asap.

Comment

Looks awesome. Gonna have to try this also

Comment

Looks like I just decided what I'm serving for Christmas dinner.

Comment

That does look great.

Comment

That is the 2nd thing I have seen this morning that I have to make!

Comment

Hint: We use a couple of bamboo chop sticks placed on the cutting board to stop the knife from cutting all the way through, and to keep the cuts the same depth.

Comment

Yeah, I need to do this, sans the sauce. This would be a fun game day snack.

Comment

Interesting concept. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

I recently did my first smoked bologna and it was OK, for the money I paid for the bologna (I bought too big a piece at over 4#) we could have prime rib. I did not make burnt ends which may be better and our outside pieces were better than the inside. To each his own I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A2CB37F5-1F14-41FC-B820-6EA948838FB3.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	1111409

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3B5CFD9E-C9E4-4769-921A-A301F0C781E7.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1111443 Click image for larger version

Name:	1C629610-ACDE-4FF4-AFA5-188C4F9E2E65.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1111442 Argoboy I do mine in slices so the smoke has more surface to cling to. I use a yellow mustard binder for a pork rub. Smoke to about 160 IT. Then on a toasted bun with coleslaw and South Carolina mustard bbq sauce.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
                        Oak Smoke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’m a recent convert to South Carolina mustard bbq sauce. I use it and coleslaw on my pulled pork sandwiches. I’ll be trying it soon on smoked bologna. Thank you!

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I do mine by th (THICK) Slice, as well...to each, their own...BTW Likeys yer Chinaware, is that some Corelle?

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Argoboy Mebbe nobody online thought to try it sliced, but I will personally testify it is richer, an deeper flavour than a whole sliced roll. One an done I'd reckon means ya liked it? Next time, when ya goes Two An Done, might be worth yer time, to try it like this...gittin that smoke on exponentially more surface areareally elevates th experience, Amigo!

Enjoyed watching the guy do the bologna. But cannot eat it. When I was a kid we were poor. And had to eat it all the time. Cannot stand it now. Looks good though.

Comment

Oh Yassuh, Ah'ma be tryin this heah out...

"Hear My Brain a Hummin...

Well, yes, I hear my brain a hummin, now"...

This one is kinda in fer th win: Some sub Einsteins handed Jimi a LH strung 12 string guitfiddle, on his outro from hours of studio work...now, unnerstand, this was Totally upside down, an backwards to how he played. but he jus smiled, an pulled it off, ryecheer, outta his arse...Saints Be Praised...

Bonus Interview:!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here