Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think the Terrorists Won on this One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think the Terrorists Won on this One

Okay, I just stole this picture from a tweet that someone put up. It was reported to be from a restaurant chain most of you have probably heard of and was in a swanky location. See if you can guess what chain served this monstrosity. I'll put up the answer a bit later after we've had some fun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FBSx8qkWQAklByM.jpg Views:	58 Size:	252.5 KB ID:	1107569

I really can't believe someone would pay real money for these "ribs".

Edit: 58limited got it correct in comment number 7 below. The chain is Tony Roma's. As he points out in our conversation, their signs say "Tony Roma's A Place for Ribs". The swanky location was West Palm Beach Florida. I just can't even imagine paying real money for this in a place where four star restaurants line every street.
    Last edited by Jim White; October 9, 2021, 06:56 PM.

I have no words. (for once)

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright alright already! I confess. Here’s the truth 🙄 I was getting ready to light the smoker and Jimbo said, and I quote, "Hey PJ, screw all that smoking crap! Just boil em like I do! They’re just as good and much quicker". I was drunk and succumbed to his peer pressure.
      Last edited by Panhead John; October 9, 2021, 05:55 PM.

• Jim White
      Jim White commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember nothing about being at PJ's because he met me at the door with some mushrooms.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      LMFAO! 😂

Think I am going with Applebee's.

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Applebee’s is what immediately popped into my head.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      My guess as well.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Crapplebee's?

Cracker Barrel?

Comment

Oh my. Chillies.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        I ordered some ribs at Chili's a few months back - never again, OMG they were disgusting. I didn't know you know make ribs that horrible.

This is so much fun! Keep those guesses coming. Nobody got it yet.

Comment

McRib is back! LOL

Tony Roma's?

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wow, I've only been to one TR's and that was close to 40 years ago. I didn't think it was very good at all, but my date did. Apparently, she REALLY did...!

• USMCCrashCrew89
          USMCCrashCrew89 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven’t thought about Tony Roma’s in years. We are at one when I was overseas in Kuala Lumpur. Due to local customs they didn’t have pork so it was all beef ribs.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          $18-$20 for that awful thing. Holee sheet.

TGIF

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen, Brother.

Long Week.

"I think the terrorists won on this one"

Not if they ate that, they didnt.

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point!

Texas Roadhouse

Comment

I’m going Outback or Bubba Gumps

Comment

Ruby Tuesday's

Comment

Yuck.........just yuck!

Comment

Wow. Not only do the ribs look boiled with some sauce painted on thinly after the fact, but the fries look horrible too. Not very "golden" or crispy looking. I would have sent that crap back to the kitchen.

Comment

• Jim White
                  Jim White commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And that "slaw". Just wow.

I agree the ribs look boiled. To me, the sauce looks like it was thickened chemically and too far to the point it got gloppy. Molecular gastronomy should never be allowed on barbecue sauce.

• Caffeine88
                  Caffeine88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sent back, with malice.
                  Hell, no. I don't want you to replace it.

Jim White Cheesecake Factory? Only because you mentioned the location being swanky. Is the chain nationwide?

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I realized after i expanded the threads that we had an answer. To everyone’s point 🤮.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here