Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP ~ Crispy crackling pork belly slices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inky
    replied
    Thanks everyone most appreciated

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Malcom Reed has great pork recipes on his YouTube channel take a look there

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I would smoke as you were planning. I would take the rendered fat a strain it through a fine sieve and then heat that on the grill or stove. Place the smoked belly in the pan and let it rip. Watch the temp on the pit though, you do not want it to smoke too much.

You can also heat the oil up and carefully put it over the meat on a wire rack. That method is also effective.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    You might check this out. https://www.instagram.com/p/CUPU9b6M...um=share_sheet

Leave a comment:

• Inky
    started a topic HELP ~ Crispy crackling pork belly slices

HELP ~ Crispy crackling pork belly slices

Please help this old guy, I am confused. My wife and I love crispy crackling, mouth watering.

I have a couple of lbs of butcher sliced, pork belly, approx. 1/2 inch slices. I am confused how I should cook it. My immediate thoughts is to go:-

1. low and slow, approx 235F for 3 hours.
    2. Place drippings of the pork fat in a pan and cook the slices, skin down in the fat to make the skin into juicy crackling.

My butcher suggests cooking same as bacon in a pan with oil.

Any further tips or help please, if I do it my way, and as the pork belly is in 1/2 slices it might dry out. Any help would be really appreciated,
    Inky

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here