Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnsonville Sausage strips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnsonville Sausage strips?

I saw an add for these today. Here's a link to their page:

We have plenty of products to choose from. Whether you're looking for breakfast links, ground sausage, or fully cooked sausage, you can find it here.

Hmmm, they make my go to name brand brats so I guess I might have to give these a go.

Comment

I’ve tried these. Not too good in my opinion. Kind of bland flavor with the regular and the maple flavored was really way too heavy on the maple. Weird texture too. I won’t buy them again.

Comment

• tmaan235
        tmaan235 commented
        Editing a comment
        Frosty, thanks for that.
        I was going to buy a package and take them to the hideout for the morning meal as a what if? I was hoping to get Johnsonville brat taste in a breakfast strip....

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        tmaan235 Just take strip the content of a brat out of the casing and make patties.

Hmmmm...Fryable pork strips...I'd give it a go...

Probly slice my own, save a few bucks a pound...

Comment

It’s actually….an "ad" for these. One d. Carry on.

Comment

Other than the obvious hope for RT dollars (maybe they pay him already, who knows)... I really like this dude. I'm assuming he's having a breakfast beer, and that may unduly influence my opinion of him (suns up, chins up is my rule). Anyway I was a bit sad how thin these are. I wasn't envisioning a bacon replacement, but something more like European Kebab meat. A tad thicker but with some Johnsonville flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
            Hmmmm...Fryable pork strips...I'd give it a go...

Probly slice my own, save a few bucks a pound...
            This is what I thought. I'd likely just grab/make some bulk sausage, roll it out on a silpat and slice.

Comment

I tried them a few weeks ago too. My feelings were the same as Jfrosty27 and I was not at all impressed. I actually tossed half the package. They just ended up being really strange. Odd texture and weird taste. I did pellet grill them on a racked sheet pan like I do bacon, maybe they’d be better in a pan or on a griddle?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Probly ain't nuthin wrong with em, that a CI pan with some bacon grease couldn't overcome

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr. Bones it would be really hard to want open up the package to try them again after frying up bacon to get that grease though 🤪

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Copy yer last, Brother!

I can imagine the looks I would get from my lot if I served them up a thin slices of sausage!!

Comment

Can't help but wonder if these were originally marketed as doggy treats but the dogs wouldn't eat them so........................

Comment

Adding on to the prior comments. I found them inedible served on a sandwich as well as standalone with eggs. Not recommended.

Comment

I saw them at a local supermarket recently and was somewhat intrigued. I didn't buy them, though.

Comment

This seems like one of those "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" things. Thanks to those who took one for the team.

Comment

I tried them and they sucked.

Comment

Saw them in the store and glad I passed....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here