Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three two one method,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    I used to do the three step method. But my ever present laziness took over and now I just toss them on and glaze with sauce at the end. They always seem to turn out great.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I went through a wrapping phase and had some good results but have since abandoned the method for no wrap, spritzing, and saucing at the end. No guarantee, however, that I'm now set in my ways.

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    replied

So, Harry Soo makes a whole video about making 3-2-1 work, and bagging on it, and then is impressed with the result.

I'm confused.

But seems like more work than just hanging em on the OJB and letting em go until they bend right.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Works if you like a braised and sauced rib.

I am with Meathead on this one. Braised ribs tend to be mushy and fall apart. I like the texture of a fully smoked rib.

Here's a useful technique for tenderizing, moisturizing, and speeding cooking by wrapping meat in aluminum foil for an hour or two. The Texas crutch beats the stall, in which meat stops cooking during barbecuing, sometimes for hours. This simple trick works for brisket, pork shoulder and ribs on any smoker or grill.

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    About one per hour.

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    Which conveniently adds up to 6! Spac Spabst?

• barelfly
    replied
    So during that, is your PBR consumption also is 3-2-1?

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    started a topic Three two one method,

Three two one method,

3-2-1 method for cooking ribs just plain works. It is a great guide, and not a hard and fast rule and it works.
    The underlying method is smoke first, braise wrapped, and finish with sauce or glaze.
    I confess, I use these three steps as a guide for ribs and no longer boil in PBR first.

Last edited by bbqLuv; October 1, 2021, 07:14 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here