Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezing pork butt....cooked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiodome21
    replied
    I bought what a thought was a huge pork shoulder from Costco. Obviously it was my first pork butt from Costco. When I opened it I realized it was a double pack. I cooked them both and we ate one. I brought the other home, without shredding it and used my vacuum sealer and froze the other one whole. A few weeks later I used it and it was excellent.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    I don't see issues with your plan but I would want to add some liquids when reheating to get that moisture up. Maybe some apple cider vinegar or apple juice?

Leave a comment:

• CaptGreg
    started a topic Freezing pork butt....cooked

Freezing pork butt....cooked

Boston butts were on sale last week so I bought a couple in the 3-4 pound range. I'm planing on tossing them on the pit barrel cooker tomorrow. My question is has anyone taken them off the cooker, let them cool and frozen them whole? There is only my wife and I, I normally freeze some after I pull it apart. I was thinking about freezing a whole one, then when we are ready for more thawing it, reheating it and them pulling it apart. Ideas? Thoughts? Good plan? bad plan?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here