Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question...

I have 6.5 pound pork shoulder that I plan to smoke tomorrow morning. I would like to start early in the morning (7ish) to have it done by 7:30pm (dinner). Would you recommend cutting the pork shoulder in half to ensure a timely cook? If yes, any advice on how to cut it?

I just pull mine apart and cut the main membrane. Not worrying about symmetry, or lack thereof.

Comment

olvrab00 A lot of guys/gals split them to increase bark as there is more exposed surface area that way. I would just cut her right down the middle. Try to keep them close to the same size if possible. Good luck with the cook. Post some pictures when your done. We love pics here in the pit!!

Comment

Spinaker Thanks. Pics to come!!!

Comment

Looking at about 10 hours if you don't wrap and you are cooking 275 or so. Just an FYI in case you were planning a cook at 225.

Comment

olvrab00, Just thought I Would Wish You Well on your Butt. One suggest is that after the first few hours you Spritz your roasts with a concocoction of 1-Cup Apple Juice, 1/2-Cup each Worsteshire sauce, Tarrogon Vineger, 1/4-Cuo each Lemon Juice, lLime Juice. I use a cheap spray bottle, shake the ingredients, and mist the roasts every hour or two. Helps keep it from drying out and puts a light glaze on the Meat! Have a Good Day, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here