Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left over pulled pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left over pulled pork

We did a 10 pound pork butt on Friday night and as always trying to get through the left overs.
    Considering trying some type of warm po boy style sandwich on the Blackstone.
    Any suggetions on add ins to dress it up a bit?
    Considering outside the norm.
    Cheese.
    Maybe an asian stir fry oil or perhaps a touch of bacon grease to change the taste a bit from the typical BBQ sauce.
    Suggestions appreciated.

I use a bacon bbq sauce. King’s Hawaiian brand. Yes the bread guys. Really good on PP. Add some raw onion and sliced dill pickles. A bomb of a sammie!

Comment

We used a Carolina mustard bbq sauce on our last leftover pulled pork. It was very good and a nice change of pace. That coupled with some fresh coleslaw to put on the sandwich was great.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on the coleslaw, a staple on our pulled pork

You really have to decide the texture you want. If you go moist, mix in some of your favored BBQ sauce and a little beer, put it on the low setting and cover with a pan. I always use a little beer because it allows me to drink the rest. It will stay nice and moist. You can go carnitas style. Cook up some bacon first, and pull. Let the griddle cool down for awhile and cut up the bacon. Reheat the griddle to medium heat and put on the pulled pork. Throw in the pieces of bacon. You could do a Cuban sauce - garlic, vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, onion, a little hot sauce, salt and pepper, oregano, dice peppers and cilantro. Serve it on a roll with sliced dill pickles and a mustard sauce
      Last edited by tbob4; September 12, 2021, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        All sound right tasty...

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I like beer

Pulled pork pizza! Your favorite bbq sauce , then a bit of whatever cheese you like, then pulled pork, onions, bell peppers and/or jalapenos, and a bit of par cooked and diced bacon or a sausage of your liking, topped with cheese. Really tasty.
      Last edited by Strat50; September 12, 2021, 04:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• RichardCullip
        RichardCullip commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve done that. Yummy. Also pulled pork quesadillas and omelets. Lots of different ways to use left over pulled pork

Try maybe frying it up like carnitas. At our house we make a lot of pulled pork mac&cheese, pulled pork nachos, and pulled pork southwestern eggrols with leftovers.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I wuz gonna say carnitas...

There is a good recipe under cast iron cooking on this web site for SW pulled pork that I make and like. It is like a chilli like dish with beans and sausage. I have also made it left over brisket as well.

Comment

Pulled pork, ham ,Swiss cheese , pickles ,mustard,,,,Cuban sandwich on the flat top,,,,
        I’m in,,,,

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I purposely left the ham out on my suggestion above because I didn’t want her to have to go to the store. However, you are right on!

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          My 2nd favorite sammich!

For something completely different, we like this:
        I'm the proud mother of wonderful and active children. Simple, delicious and quick meals like this BBQ pork skillet are perfect for us to enjoy together after school activities, especially if I have leftover pulled pork. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana

Comment

Tacos. Easy and good.

Comment

On the flattop? Try a riff on Cheesesteaks using the pork instead of beef. Other uses? I love doing pulled pork grilled cheese, pierogis, breakfast fatties, and baked potatoes. Endless possibilities! Let us know what you come up with! As always, pics or it didn’t happen.

Comment

For a BBQ sandwich partial to topping with a savory coleslaw with some BBQ sauce. That said I also love Greygoose’s idea of Cuban Sandwich!

Comment

Thank you all so much for the response.
                RickyBobby was the winning suggestion this time but I will keep track of all the other suggestions for future.
                We did the pulled pork with pepper jack cheese (because it was in the fridge), added a few finely diced jalapeños, and a bit more bbq sauce. We have been using CookShack original sauce for the past year, and really enjoy it to the point of it being the only bbq sauce in the refrigerator which seems strange after so many year with one shelf in the fridge dedicated to BBQ sauce.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  what's in th icebox, or pantry has been a lifelong influence on jus what th Hail we havin us fer supper, tonight...

• RickyBobby
                  RickyBobby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Debra , I’m super honored, you have no idea!!!!! This is almost, nay… WAY better than winning the monthly giveaway!!! I hope that your leftovers were delicious!!!! I feel like I’ve been on the BBQ struggle bus lately since my recent products have been sub par to my personal standards, so I will take this win!!! Lol!!! Now….. to the pictures point……. 🤣
                  Last edited by RickyBobby; September 12, 2021, 09:49 PM.

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ain't no doubt Ya Rock,...leastwise, in my mind...
                  Yer always a Winner, in My Book!

RickyBobby

Cubano Carnitas cole slaw eggs cheese(s) breakfast burrito, add favourite peppers chees(es) / salsa /pico /guac / sour cream / black olives...

Y'all already had some cilantro, an crema ready, right?
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 12, 2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I’m always looking for more/different ways to use leftover bbq. A few weeks ago I mixed some leftover pulled pork into my meatloaf mix. I was worried it would get dry but it actually healed up great and was pretty darn tasty. I’ll do it again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here